Published: 10 July 2020
We can’t wait to see you! Be Safe. Be Active. Be Part of The Shrewsbury Club
We are so delighted that we are able to reopen The Shrewsbury Club on 25th July and welcome you all back to the Club. We’ve studied all the guidance laid down by the government and we have already been working really hard to ensure you can come back to the Club with your safety and wellbeing taken care of whilst there is minimal disruption to the service you’ve come to enjoy and expect at the Club.
Things will be a little different but the friendly welcome, great classes, bright, well-ventilated gym, welcoming pool and our extensive tennis programme will all be ready to be enjoyed in a safe environment. You can still enjoy most of your favourite treatments in our spa too and the Hub will still be a great place for your post exercise chance to socialise in a social distanced way or catch up on a few work emails too.
We make no compromises to ensure the safety of our team and our members and guests. So, we have introduced an extensive range of new cleaning and social distancing protocols to ensure you are protected. The key steps we have taken include:
- Hand sanitiser stations will be located in reception and throughout the club.
- We have researched a viricidal disinfectant cleaning solution which is used widely in the NHS and on the London Underground. It will put a protective film on all hard surfaces which is proven to kill all virus’s within 60 seconds
- We’ve enhanced our cleaning routine overnight and there will be more cleaning staff on duty throughout the day to ensure we are sanitising every high use area of the Club, especially key touch points
- We’ve removed as many touch points as we can and, where possible, we have kept doors open so you don’t need to touch the push plates to get around the Club
- On arrival, every gym user will be given their own bottle of sanitiser so you can be sure to wipe down every hard surface before you touch it
- We’ve created directional signage to minimise close contact with other club members
- We’ve spread the gym equipment out and, temporarily, taken over one of the indoor tennis courts to create more space and enable us to provide as much gym equipment as possible whilst maintaining social distancing
- All classes will have a 15minute gap between them so that we can sanitise the equipment. Each class will therefore last 45 minutes to allow this
- We’ve spaced out the tables and chairs in the Hub and we’re introducing an at table service combined with a grab and go option too
So here is all that will be available for you to enjoy from July 25th onwards:
- Gym – as we have managed to reposition all our equipment, with the exception of 4 treadmills, you won’t need to book for the gym. Just turn up as you’ve always done and use the gym when you want. At peak times we may ask you to not spend more than an hour working out but we want to keep you enjoying the Club whilst maximising your safety and convenience.
- Personal Training – our friendly team of PT’s are back so they can still provide a socially distanced one-to-one training session for you so that you can enjoy your workout under their expert guidance.
- Classes - We’re bringing back our best-loved classes with reduced class sizes and 45 minute sessions to allow for cleaning in-between. There will be an extensive programme on our website so you should be able to book in for your favourite class. As soon as we can we will go back to the pre-lockdown timetable.
- Tennis courts - Our championship-quality indoor and outdoor tennis courts will be open as usual, together with our range of social and coaching sessions, albeit with slightly limited numbers in each session to comply with the latest LTA COVID-19 guidelines
- Pools - Our luxurious swimming pool, vitality pool and relaxation area will all be open. Unfortunately, we have to keep the sauna and steam room closed to comply with government guidelines. You will be able to just turn up and use the pool as normal except during family sessions when we will have a booking system to ensure we can maintain your safety and social distancing
- Changing rooms – We are going to ask all members to arrive and leave in their kit and avoid the changing rooms unless they have to. Lockers, sinks, showers and toilets will be available to use, with signs to indicate those which are open. If you need to shower as you are going onto work or heading out then please do feel free to use them. If you are heading home then please have a shower at home
- Spa – The spa will be open and our friendly therapists will love you to enjoy your favourite treatments. Your experience will be the same as it has always been but the therapist will be wearing personal protective equipment including a face shield for your, and their, safety. The menu will be the same except any treatments to the face which we are currently prohibited from offering.
- The Hub – we’d love you to stay for a drink or a bite to eat. The wifi is on and ready to go so you can catch up on emails or catch up with friends too. The tables are spread out to keep you socially distanced and, if you are staying, we will serve at the table and take your order via an online form! There is a grab and go option too if you want to head off straight after you’ve finished exercising
We will be offering a range of children’s activities through the summer. We are just working our way through the government guidance to understand exactly what we can offer and how we do this. Details will be on our website soon!
We are always looking for ways to improve what we offer for your membership and during lockdown we have been working on two new initiatives to add value to your membership.
Firstly, we have planned a gym extension at the ground floor to increase the size of the gym and enable us to provide a better layout. We have got planning permission and we hope to start work in early August and be finished by the end of September.
Secondly, we are creating #base, an outdoor class facility. Who doesn’t love exercising outdoors and so we are building an exciting boot camp style outdoor training space for a variety of classes and activities. With a wide range of equipment, specialist flooring and a large canopy to protect you from the worst of the weather we think this will be one of the most popular class venues in the Club and it should be live from the end of July
Published: 10 July 2020